Monday, January 29, 2007

Baby Blue Mittens - of HELL!

So, Kev pulled my 2 year old's little elbow out of its socket today!

He was putting on her brand new mittens - really cool ones, baby blue, waterproof, extra long mittens that you can stuff into the jacket and never get snow up your sleeve - when totally, accidentally, and even unknowingly he popped out her little elbow.

"I hate those new mittens" he says to me from the hospital clinic pay phone.

He had to take her to St. Joseph's hospital where a kind nurse told him my little one had 'Nursemaid's Elbow' - another way to say, "ouch - you pulled her little elbow out of its socket!". The nurse had to pop it back in twice cause the first time didn't take - double ouch!

In the 2 and a half years my youngest has lived she has managed to be born with a two vessel umbilical cord (people normally have 3 vessels) which required her to have a very unconfortable ultrasound at the young age of 1 month old to rule out heart damage. She had a febrile seizure in my arms at the age of 18 months (very scary for me and Kev - I don't think she noticed), gave herself a full fledged black eye at 22 months (Italian grandmothers in my hood were very dissaproving - tsk, tsk), got knocked of her feet by a crazy sledder (a five year old Demon!), had the stomach flu last Thursday and now this!

Course she won't remember any of this it's only poor ol' Kev who has to live with the fact that his big strong man hands pulled out her little elbow - I know I would never do a thing like that! (I'm the good parent - shhhhh.)

1 comment:

Lucky Jodi said...

remember to delete blog before nava can read.