Monday, January 22, 2007

Car accident ballet.

So we had our first accident on Saturday - smacked into the back of another car. Like in slow motion (well I actually think it was slow motion, Kev was breaking hard) I watched as we crepped up behind the car infront of us and just kept creeping! I remember now that I was saying 'Stop! Stop! What the Hell! Stop already!' (I actually did say that) little did I know our car (my dad's car) was sitting right on the street car tracks and couldn't stop. AGH.

With little knowledge of what anything car related cost I offer up the 100$ in my wallet - Hah! The woman from the other car tells me I'll be lucky to pay 900$ - 900$!? Holy crap.

I hate cars. I hate streetcar tracks but more then anything - I hate that damn woman from the other car!

So now we wait as they - her and her husband go of and get quotes - I can be thankful that they would rather not bring in the insurance companies. Isn't it good to be thankful, grrrrr.

What makes this so much better is that I happily discovered just hours before the accident that I had an additional 1000$ this month to save or play with. Money I had, with very little thought, decided that I would spend at an expensive toy store for my kids.

After Kev arranged with the people of the other car that they would get in touch with us with their quotes - do you think I responsibily thought 'Thank God I have that 1000$ saved up!' - Nope, instead we continued on our jaunt to the toy store where I spent 200$ on toys one couldn't possibly need - especially right after Christmas. Then I continued to spend my well saved cash on beautiful Sorel boots (half price - 50$) and a lovely dinner of Panzeroto's, yum.

So there! Fuck it.

The moral of this story boys & girls is, don't drive - ever.

1 comment:

todd said...

fuck it indeed miss. (channeling cher) "do you believe in life after reason..." ok, it was funnier with the hair flip. woo!